I'm already one month here, and I think this is kind of incredible. The time went by SO fast; it doesn't feel like I'm here for one month, but more then two weeks!
And therefore I think it's time to draw up a summary:
- I went throgh the airports in Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Toronto and Winnipeg almost alone
- I can walk through Miles Mac without looking at the floor plan
- I met sooooo many cool people at Miles Mac
- New Student Orientation --> even more amazing persons
- I was able to take the bus home, completly alone
- I went to Polo Park: Shopping! (and St Vital too :D)
- I can watch 2 Broke Girls
- I can watch all those cool American shows: Superbowl, Oscars, Grammys,...
- I LOVE bagels and cupcakes (and I know the differences between muffins and cupcakes :D)
- I had fun!
- I watched Apple-Keynotes with Steve Jobs
- my English is getting better, especially my listening skills and I also speak a lot more English
- it feels very familiar here, my memories of Germany start to vanish
- I like school, even Spanish (I hated it in Germany, but here it's one of my favourite classes)
- I got amazing birthday presents from Germany :D
- ...and from Canada!
- I'm good at the quizzes/tests at school
- I picked courses for my next school year in Germany
- I saw an exclusive scene preview for The Hunger Games and also of course the trailer AND we will go there on March 23!
- I was happy
Total: 20 (but I could list much more things!)
- I don't have anybody who's my real best friend
- I hate my English assignment
- I can't play the pieces in my Band class
- I eat unhealthy
- I don't do any sports (and I don't really want to, but I should :D)
- I still write, listen to and speak a lot of German
- Math class is SO boring and easy and I'm scared of not being able to get the stuff in Math back in Germany
- I miss my friends and family
- I haven't been to the festival and The Forks yet
- I sometimes can't open my window :D
- I spend lots of time alone (ok, with my hostfamily) at home
- I'm always late for school :D
- I watch too much TV and bad movies such as Ghostrider 2 :D
- my credit card doesn't work sometimes!
- I was unhappy
Total: 15 (but some of the aren't really negative :D)
Positives: 20 Negatives: 15
--> Positive wins! :)
I hope you enjoyed this entry. This week was very good, I think Friday was one of my best days here. I don't know why, but I was very happy :) This week I had school as normal (but a 60 minute TA
minute where we just played a game), on Friday I had a Math open-book test, but then we went to the New Student Orientation. I had so much fun, although the content was...well...not that new and
interesting for us. After "school" we went to Polo Park and watched Ghostrider 2 (worst movie ever!). On Saturday we went to Subway for supper and afterwards to Walmart (I somehow like Canadian
supermarkets). Today we went shopping at a mall called St Vital and had some New York Fries (they're really good!).
I hope you're all fine! :)
PS: 1. Thanks to Tess for the inspiration! ;)
2. I'm sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, but it is so much easier for me to take photos with my (1-megapixel) cell phone-camera!