Yesterday was my first "real" day in Canada, therefore the blog is now turning into English :)
So, the day started with a power blackout, so we couln't turn on the light, the TV, the toaster and I almost had to shower in the dark ;). Anyway, at 12:00 AM the power came suddenly back.
In the afternoon we went shopping at a large supermaket :D It was reeeeeeeeeally interesting!
Some notifications about Canadina power shopping:
- everthing is XXL: the cars (mainly pick-ups), the shelves (the whole supermarket looked like the place at IKEA where you can pick up your furniture...I don't know the word in English :D) and of course the food packages (we bought about 30 cans of coke, there was ketchup in large cans, milk in canisters and so on)
- there are snacks at every corner: they give you food samples for free everywhere! We ate sausage, pizza, cookies, chips with dip and even salad :D They put the food in those paper bags you use for making muffins. But the point is, that the Canadians really buy those things afterwards. I think Germans (especially Swabians :D) would just eat the food, because it's for free, but never buy it!
- seems like the Canadians don't care so much about clothing: I think everybody dresses just the way he wants, but I'm not really sure about that!
- you can buy everything in the supemarket: from TVs to clothing, coke to bagels, books to vegetabel, really EVERYTHING! I think I've never been in a supermarket with such a diversity before!
- and the city is really white: because of the snow and the fog. But all the houses are beige-brown, not the usual white as in Germany.
So, that's it. Later on in the evening we had bagels and cheesecakes for supper and we watched How To Train A Dragon in 3D with those cool 3D-glasses :D The film was really good, but because of the jetlag I almost fell asleep!
Yeah. I'm feeling good although everything is very new for me. But I'm relly looking forward to the next months, I think I will make great experiences! :)
Until tomorrow (where we will go to downtown Winnipeg, my school and a place called "The Forks") ;)
PS: I've uploaded some photos of my room...enjoy!